Happy 4th of July America
Here are some interesting fast facts:
Who is the fastest Runner?
- In only 3:43.13, Morocco’s Hicham El Guerrouj ran the mile on July 7 1999. (Rosenbaum, 2014)
What is a jet’s takeoff speed?
- This is a complex issue because of the many factors involved. For example, the size of the aircraft, the takeoff weight of the aircraft including the cargo or passengers, the pilot, and the mechanics of the vessel such as the high lift flaps and slats. Depending on these and other factors, research has shown the average takeoff speed is 160 to 180 mph. However, the range varies between 130 to 225 mph to take off. (Airliner Takeoff Speeds, 2002) So, the answer is “it depends.”
What was the fastest recorded wind speed?
- In 1934, Mount Washington, New Hampshire recorded wind speed at 231 mph.
What is the fastest recorded hurricane wind speed?
- In 1996, severe tropical cyclone Olivia had wind speeds of 253 mph the fastest non-tornadic winds ever measured on Earth. (50 Amazing Hurricane Facts, 2012)
What is the World’s Fastest Car?
- Hennessey Venom GT: 275 mph (442.4 km/h), 0-60 mph in 2.5 seconds
What is the Fastest Train?
- The world’s fastest train is located in China, is the Shangai Maglev Train, with a recorded top speed of 311 mph. but its top operating speed is 268 mph. (Gross, Doug CNN, 2014)
What is the fastest tornado wind speed?
- The May 3, 1999, tornado that struck Oklahoma City and killed 44 people had measured a wind speed of 318 mph the fastest recorded wind speed on Earth. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DvoIMvAkQ8
These very interesting facts of speed indicate that no matter the mode of transportation, airplane, car, or train, you may not be able to out run a tornado, wildfire or other disaster. How fast are you able to prepare for an emergency? Do you have the proper supplies?
Ironically, I am writing this while Hurricane Arthur is outside bending trees and flooding streets, but that is another story about preparing for a major storm.
Just a reminder, your own Emergency Disaster Preparednessis the key to survival, and your survival depends on how well prepared you are. If you need help with an emergency disaster preparedness product, or emergency disaster preparedness planning, just contact us.
Just Us Enterprises the Emergency Disaster Preparedness company.